There are hundreds of different types of dog breeds in the country today. Each breed has its own strengths and weaknesses. The American Kennel Club is an organization that groups the dogs together based on their uses and their behavior over the course of history. This article discusses five of the eight basic types of dog breeds based on the American Kennel Club groupings. For example, the terrier group is known for their high energy, so they would be ones that would get rid of something like a Northern Kentucky termite according to Cincinnati termite website. In fact, some companies even recommend dogs help extract annoying pests from the home. Below is a list of five dog breeds along with some of their major characteristics:
1. The herding group of dogs is a breed that likes to be around their family and they have a good work ethic. They are a type of dog that does not like to be away from their pack. These dogs like to hear their family around the home or apartment all day every day. The herding group is also known to be very smart, since they were mostly bred to be able to outsmart cattle. The herders range is size from small to large.
2. The toy dogs are known for their mostly small size. Chihuahuas and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel are two main examples of dogs that are a part of this breed. These dogs are popular with those who live in a large city and those who may have smaller living quarters. These dogs also do not shed as much and are by default, sometimes easier to train because they are smaller.
3. The terrier group is known, as stated above, for their energy. These dogs have a lot of energy and are not usually the best choice for people who do not have enough time to exercise them or for those who have smaller living arrangements. They are known to find unwanted animals in that might be trying to invade the home, so they are great for those who have issues with other animals.
4. The sporting group is known to include retrievers, which are some of the most popular dogs in the United States. This breed was bred for hunting, which means they are excellent swimmers and excellent dogs for fetching items. Some sporting dogs are just now becoming dogs that help humans with any kind of disability.
5. The working group is known to be the type of breed that protects their family and the home of their family. This group is also known for its’ intelligence, which is partly why they make such great guard dogs. Finally, this breed is also the largest type of dog, so it is important for owners to be cautious about training this pet.
It is best for each family to decide the kind of breed that is best for them before choosing a dog, so both the owners and the pets are happy.
Source by Connor R Sullivan